If you are living, then you will feel pain and it hit the hardest when you know that some people are not living anymore! They are gone.
“Pain demand to be felt” according to a quote from “The Fault in our Stars” by John Green.
You cannot run from pain, you have to run towards it and with perseverance feel it and deal with it in a “healthy” manner!
Here are some quotes:-
1. “Okay?” “Okay.”
2. “And then there are books…so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal.”
3. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
4. “If the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”
5. “I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
6. “The world is not a wish-granting factory.”
7. “‘When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.’”
8. “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities… But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.”
9. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.”
10. “I do, Augustus. I do.”
11. a.) Gus proposal
I’m in love with you,” he said quietly.
“Augustus,” I said.
“I am,” he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.
b.) Hazel’s eulogy for Gus
There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There’s .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I’m likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.
c.) Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.
P.S.: One of my family members died on 19 February, 2020 and we came to know on 20 February, 2020. I’ve realised the importance of life scientifically, emotionally, spiritually.
But you have to be a woman who faces strongly in the face of adversity and say yes to life…